Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cisco E4200 Antenna Mod (no solder)

Cisco E4200 Antenna Mod (no solder)



Frankly, its reception in a medium/large home sucks. I have it on a bookshelf in my living room on the south side of the house, while my son's Roku is on the north side of the home. I ended up buying a signal booster just so we could reach the bedroom. I also tried a PowerLine Adapter but I have an older model that was maxing out at 9mbps.

I went ahead an purchased this, that includes 2 7dbi high gain antennas with the proper connectors for the board.

It was really a snap to install, considering all of the antennas on this model have a connector (as opposed to being soldered on).

Here are some pics.




The end result? About a 10 dbi gain in the office when the antennas are aimed properly!



No comments:

Post a Comment