Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Workbench Project Part II

My Workbench Project


Ok so I made a couple of on the fly decisions when I went to the hardware store. I opted to purchase 2x3s instead of 2x4s - I purchased 10 total (the previous quote + 4 for the legs).

Total cost: was $19.50 (I think it was actually $16 but I lost the receipt, it isnt showing up on MyLowes, and the online price was $1.95 / 2x3 so I just did the math)

I also updated the design on the fly to remove the center 4 angle braces. Here are the updated drawings



I made the legs out of 2 - 2x3s butted up against each other. I'm a tall guy so I made the leg height 3.5' - Here is a side profile with the measurements.


When I was at the hardware store I tried to pick the straightest wood I could, but I did end up with one piece that through me out of square, but it was only by about 1/8th of an inch - so no big deal. Here is the other side:




I have that much built now, but the garage is a mess so I dont have much room to take pictures. I'll get those uploaded tomorrow.

Thats all for now - Time to go watch some Game of Thrones!

No comments:

Post a Comment