Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Workbench Project

My Workbench Project


So today I decided to start my work bench project. Hopefully in a week or so I will have a very sturdy, adjustable height workbench. Once this bench is finished I plan to start the remainder of my shelves in the garage. The overall goal here is to get everything of of the floor, organized, and the floor painted to prevent further wear.

To start I downloaded sketchup.

Once it was downloaded and installed I set out designing my Workbench. When I first began I had not yet decided to make this table adjustable. Here is the design of the top, fairly basic, should be sturdy.


You'll have to forgive my lack of sketchup-foo here.... I remembered this being easier when it was a Google project.

This is intended to be made out of standard 2x4s

corner braces = 2 (2x4)
long sides = 2 (2x4)
short sides = 1 (2x4)
cross beams= 1 (2x4)
I checked Lowes' website and the 2x4s were going for $2.64 so the total so far is: $15.84

I'll be headed out here in a few to buy the wood and construct the top - Updates to follow

Continued in Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment